The Winter Haven area, between Tampa and Orlando, is home to beautiful lakes, a majestic tower, a world-class collection of vintage aircrafts and the largest LEGOLAND in the world. So, there are plenty of places to play, explore and reflect. Visitors will find a variety of hotels, motels and bed and breakfasts close to all the things you’ll enjoy. And whether you are looking for a quick bite, your favorite fast food or gourmet fare, the Winter Haven area is home to a number of delightful restaurants.
Here are some fun things to do in Winter Haven and its surrounding area.
- Visit LEGOLAND Florida, the largest LEGOLAND in the world and located in Winter Haven.
- Hunt for treasures from another time in the Winter Haven part of Florida’s Antique Loop.
- Let your imagination soar at The Fantasy of Flight, a working restoration facility that has the world’s largest collection of vintage aircraft, among other unique heritage highlights in the Lakeland-Winter Haven area.
- Discover the largest single-site collection of Frank Lloyd Wright Designs at Florida Southern College, a National Historic Landmark comprised of distinctly American structures. The nearby Lakeland campus is known as Wright’s “Child in the Sun.”
- Revel in the elegance and grandeur of a show at the Polk Theatre, nearby in Lakeland. It’s a 1928 vaudeville movie palace that has a full calendar of films, speakers, musicals and guided tours.
- Surround yourself with lush landscapes and the soothing sound of carillon bells at Bok Tower Gardens in nearby Lake Wales. The property – sitting near Iron Mountain at one of the highest points in Florida – offers sweeping views of a valley of towns and orange groves below.
- Grab a napkin and plan your trip for January so you can pig out at the Lakeland Pigfest, where more than 150 barbecue teams fire up main dishes, sides, sauces and desserts.
- Take a short drive to Plant City, home of the Florida Strawberry Festival every March and the year-round fun of Dinosaur World, with its 80-foot dinosaur models and authentic fossils.
- Dare to experience what it feels like jumping from an airplane at 13,500 feet at Skydive City in nearby Zephyrhills.
- Discover small-town art treasures at Lake Wales Art Center, the Lake Wales Museum & Cultural Center, and the Polk Museum of Art.
Repost from VisitFlorida.com